Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
The college is affiliated to the University of Kerala and it aims to serve as a model institute of teachers training by offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Besides the academic programmes the college also has centres of excellence, sports training schemes of SAI in few disciplines. The college is located at the northern side of the Kariavattom Campus of the University of Kerala approximately 15 km. from Thiruvananthapuram city on the National Highway 47. The expanse of coconut and cashew plantation produces a soothing effect on the human body, mind and spirit.
Students and Trainees Living in a Campus
To prepare Physical Education leaders of high academic caliber with holistic development of body, mind, and spirit, who will make lasting contributions to our profession, communities, and society towards a healthy life.
To make every student a physically educated person who:
Has the necessary skills to perform a varied range of physical activities
Attains the knowledge and skills to stay physically fit and active
Indulge himself in regular physical activity.
Has an ability to understand the role played by various sports sciences in Physical Education and sports.
Develops an inquisitive state of mind and Indulges himself in quality research in Physical education and sports.
Values physical activity and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle
Aims & Objectives
The main objectives of the Institution are:
- To provide excellent facilities for the upliftment of physical education and sports in the country and to serve as a model institute for teacher’s training by offering undergraduate and postgraduate/ research courses
- To prepare highly competent and skilled leaders in the field of physical education and sports
- To serve as a Centre of Excellence for research in physical education and allied areas
- To provide technical ,professional and academic leadership to other institutions of physical education
- To provide vocational guidance and placement services to the people in the field
- To develop and promote programmes of mass physical activity
Official Language Implementation Committee (OLIC)
For the Progressive use of Hindi, SAI LNCPE Trivandrum complied with the provisions relating to the Official Language Act, Rules and Instructions and Directives of the Government of India. The following activities are organized for the employees/staff in Hindi.
- Hindi Fortnight/Hindi Day celebrations
- Hindi Workshops/training for the benefit of staff members to increase the knowledge of functional Hindi.
- The Head of the Institute participated in the Town Official Language Implementation Committee (TOLIC) meetings twice a year.
OLIC meetings are held quarterly under the chairmanship of the Principal, SAI LNCPE for the implementation of Hindi and various annual programmes given by the Official Language Division, SAI Head office. Quarterly Reports of the progressive use of Hindi of our institution are forwarded to the SAI Head office in every quarters
|Sl.No||Name||Designation||Email ID||Contact No|
|1||Dr. G. Kishore||Principalemail@example.com||0471-2418712|
|3||Dr. M. N. Sawant||Associate Professor|